Seiten

Samstag, 15. Februar 2014

What do you need to know if you want to move to germany? Step 4 Go to the "Stadtamt" and do the "Anmeldung"


True Story: My friend Andrea has a job, (Congrats!) is going to move to Cologne and needs to get registered :


Her: "My company wants me to get the tax number and insurance by the end of next week. But I won't have an apartment until mid-March to give a german address. I need a bank account to get a place, but don't have a place to get a bank account. And obviously no German ID until then. Currently have Italian ID and Belgian address. Thoughts? What order did you do it in?"


Me: "Kind of a chicken in the egg issue! FIRST THING! You need the ANMELDUNG (Registration). This will be your "german ID" . So get an adress at someone you know for example and change it when you have ur final one.  Anmeldung is the key for everything! To get a bank account for your first appartement etc..."

Her :"Ok. Noted. Thanks. So need friend's address. can they just write me a paper? I will ask one of my friends who lives there to write me something let me know if u have a suggestion for format of address 'proof'?"

Me: "Exactly, You need the adress of the place and the adress of the owner "vermieter", your ID/Passport and no more. Well it was the case in bremen. Take an appointement if it is possible so you don't wait too long. Check on the website because germany is a federal republique so it may change slightly from a place to another . Good luck!"


To Conclude:
Anmeldung/Registration is vital if you want to have a bank account, do anything in Germany. The procedure is fast and easy. Check the City Center/ Bürger Service of your city.


Be ready for the next step! Open a Bank account

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen